Location: Flexible location (remote working) – contract type dependent on location.
Specifications: Permanent employment contract if successful applicant based in UK, Germany or Denmark. Consultancy contract in other locations.
Salary: £36,000 per annum
Application Closing Date: 9 October 2022
Cochrane is a charity and a global, independent network of health practitioners, researchers, patient advocates and others, responding to the challenge of making vast amounts of research evidence useful for informing decisions about health. They do this by synthesising research findings to produce the best available evidence on what works. Their work has been recognised as the international gold standard for high quality, trusted information.
The core purpose of this role is to ensure that Cochrane systems are presented coherently to our users, are well-documented, tested, fit for purpose and that the user voice is heard in system development decision-making.
- provide second-line expert support on software used by Cochrane authors and staff to write and edit Cochrane Reviews:
- Editorial Manager (third-party software from Aries Systems)
- project management features in RevMan Web (in-house review development software)
- act as System Administrator for these systems, making configuration changes to optimise user experience
- update supporting documentation and run demos to educate users on system configurations
- input into projects and programmes of work which impact on Cochrane authors and staff
- represent the user voice in system development, based on feedback received from support cases and training
- use your knowledge to influence development priorities and project decisions that have an impact on system users
Cochrane welcomes applications from a wide range of perspectives, experiences, locations and backgrounds; diversity, equity and inclusion are key to their values.
How to apply